The University of California Office of Scholarly Communications has just announced three new open access agreements this week. The agreements are with Canadian Science Publishing, Company of Biologists and Royal Society. All of these agreements will run for three years and will apply to articles accepted as of January 1, 2021. All will involve the multi-payer workflow where authors will have the first $1,000 of the article processing charge paid by UC libraries and will be given the choice to contribute research funds towards the remainder of the APC. All agreements cover both hybrid and open access journals.
The Company of Biologists agreement will cover all 10 UC campuses. The Royal Society and Canadian Science Publishing agreements cover nine UC campuses, with UCSF declining participation.
Company of Biologists
- Announcement: https://osc.universityofcalifornia.edu/2021/03/new-oa-agreement-uc-and-the-company-of-biologists
- Webpage: https://osc.universityofcalifornia.edu/uc-publisher-relationships/the-company-of-biologists-open-access-agreement
- Announcement: https://osc.universityofcalifornia.edu/2021/03/new-oa-agreement-uc-and-the-royal-society
- Webpage: https://osc.universityofcalifornia.edu/uc-publisher-relationships/royal-society-open-access-agreement
Canadian Science Publishing
- Announcement: https://osc.universityofcalifornia.edu/2021/03/new-oa-agreement-uc-and-canadian-science-publishing
- Webpage: https://osc.universityofcalifornia.edu/uc-publisher-relationships/canadian-science-publishing-open-access-agreement