The UC San Diego Library recently acquired some new, multivolume reference works. These are review articles written by experts in their field, with bibliographies of articles and books for more reading.
Here are the titles, with samples of the articles/chapters you’ll find.
- Encyclopedia of Microbiology, 4th edition
- Historical Plague, Streptomyces, Single-Particle Cryo-Electron Microscopy, Microbial Cycling of Methane, RNA Viruses: Plant Pathogenic, Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
- Comprehensive Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2nd edition
- Carbon Nanotubes: Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy, Metal-Organic Frameworks: New Functional Materials and Applications, Antibacterial Nanoparticles, Nanostructures and Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, Nanomaterials for Electrical Energy Storage
- Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, 3rd edition
- Marine Algal Genomics and Evolution, Fish Ecophysiology, Energetics of Ocean Mixing, Reverse Weathering Reactions in Marine Sediments, El Niño Southern Oscillation Models, The Role of Surfactants in Air-Sea Exchange
- Encyclopedia of Ecology, 2nd edition
- Ecological Risk Assessment, Species Distribution Modeling, Plant Ecology, Nitrogen Cycle, Rivers and Streams: Physical Setting and Adapted Biota
- Comprehensive Energy Systems
- Solar Energy, Batteries, CO2 Capturing Materials, Electrochemical Energy Production, Geothermal Energy Conversion, Smart Grid Energy Management
- Encyclopedia of the Anthropocene
- Increased Acidity of Ocean Waters, The Impact of Climate Change on Public Health, Human Rights, and Social Justice, Management of Nonnative Invasive Species in the Anthropocene, Pandemics in the Era of the Anthropocene, Polychlorinated Biphenyls: Sources, Fate, Effects on Birds and Mammals, and Mechanisms of Action
- Encyclopedia of Spectroscopy and Spectrometry
- Atomic Absorption, Theory; Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Organic Chemistry Applications; Statistics for Spectroscopy; Photoelectron Spectrometers; NMR Spectroscopy of Nanoparticles; Cosmochemical Applications Using Mass Spectrometry; X-Ray Diffraction, Studies of Inorganic Compounds and Minerals; Near-Infrared Spectra, Interpretation
- Treatise on Geomorphology
- Systems and Complexity in Geomorphology, Quantitative Modeling of Landscape Evolution, Geovisualization, Chemical Weathering in Cold Climates, Landslides Generated by Earthquakes: Immediate and Long-Term Effects, Micromorphology of Cave Sediments, Hillslope Processes in Arid Environments, Geomorphology and Retreating Glaciers, Remote Data in Fluvial Geomorphology, Evolution of Coastal Landforms, Extraterrestrial Aeolian Landscapes, Beaver Hydrology and Geomorphology, Wildfire and Landscape Change, The Scanning Electron Microscope in Geomorphology
As noted previously, Elsevier ebook and database access have not been impacted by the loss of access to the 2019-2020 Elsevier journals.