We’re excited to announce we’re expanding our Friday hours starting September 28. New Friday hours at the Geisel Library Building will be 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Biomedical Library Building hours will remain the same.
As the Library actively reimagines its portfolio of services, spaces, and resources to best meet the needs of the campus community, it’s clear more user-friendly hours is what our students desire. In response, we’re changing our Friday hours and will stay open two hours longer until 8 p.m. during regular academic quarters to provide library services.
Over the last year, the Library has been working on several projects to better meet our students needs. This fall, new and returning Tritons will be pleasantly surprised to find–in addition to a later closing time on Fridays–a renovated study space on the 8th Floor and newly renovated and gender-inclusive restrooms on floors 4-8.
What services will be available during these additional hours?
- The Geisel Front Desk will be open until closing
- The Media Desk will be open until 6 p.m.
- The East Commons Desk will be open until 7 p.m.
- The Research Assistance Desk in G2W will be opened to assist with technical questions until 7:45 p.m.
- The Info Desk hours will remain the same
- Audrey’s Cafe will be open until 5 p.m.
*Hours may change on a holiday or during 10th week, finals week, and intersession. Visit the hours page for more information.
The Library is constantly seeking new ways to serve our users and we are open to suggestions. Please let us know your thoughts by emailing LearningSpaces@ucsd.edu.