As part of the next phase of the Geisel Library Revitalization Initiative (GLRI), the UC San Diego Library is moving toward a single service point to make it easier for users to access the help and resources they need. To support this next phase of renovation, we’ve changed the way users can access the Library’s media collections: The Media Desk in Geisel 1st Floor West has been permanently closed; users should now access media services from Geisel’s Front Desk.
What has changed
- New Request links for media in Roger, the Library’s online catalog, enable easy requesting of music and video media collections. Pick up requested items at Geisel’s Front Desk once you’re notified that they are ready.
- The music collection (CD, cassette, tape formats) has been moved to the Annex, a local off-site storage facility. Request music materials in advance for delivery within 24 hours Monday-Friday.
- Request video material (DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS) in advance in Roger or in person at Geisel’s Front Desk for on-demand retrieval.
- Self-service media playback equipment is available in Geisel 1st Floor West for in-house use of media materials. Get assistance at the Front Desk or email LibraryBorrowing@ucsd.edu for additional information or to schedule group viewing.
- All Tech Lending items are now held at Geisel’s Front or East Commons Desks or at the Biomedical Library Building’s Front Desk. Check Roger for location and availability.
We welcome feedback on these changes and suggestions for improving services. Send comments to LearningSpaces@ucsd.edu.