Investigating a tricky diagnosis? Need a drug interaction tool on your phone? Seeking evidence-based research articles for your research project? The UC San Diego Library has a suite of databases, mobile apps and online tools ready to help. Find point-of-care evidence, learn power search tips, set up alerts to new publications in your specialty and much more.
|Clinical Essentials Library Guide: Essential resources and best practices for health literature.|
Clinical decision support in your pocket–mobile apps
- Dynamed Plus: “The next gen clinical information resource designed to decrease time to answer.” Includes rich evidence-based content, calculators, evidence grades and thousands of medical graphics and images.
- Sample article: Sepsis in Adults
- UpToDate: Well known evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource. Includes practice-changing updates, calculators, drug/herb interactions (Via Lexicomp) and plain language patient information.
- Sample article: Cardiovascular Risks of Hypertension
- Clinical Pharmacology: Comprehensive drug reference to support decision making by providing access to current, accurate and clinically relevant drug information.
- Sample entry: Warfarin
Automate Search — Critical info comes to you
Get notifications sent to you from key article databases journals, and clinical decision tools. Learn how
Need a Brush Up on PubMed search? Not sure how to access full text articles? Quick videos show you how.
Learn key functions of core medical research tools, including PubMed & CINAHL, and also how to get the most out of your UC San Diego Library access. Details here.
|Online Clinical Library: Access all medical literature including online medical journals and key research databases.|
Find Online Textbooks and ebooks
- Access Medicine: A well-used repository of medical knowledge in a range of specialties including internal medicine, cardiology and genetics. Includes core titles such as Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine and Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine.
- Roger (UCSD’s library catalog) ebook search: Search by topic, author or subject through UCSD’s ebook collection.
Evidence-Based Literature Tools
- ACP Journal Club: “ACP Journal Club summarizes the best new evidence for internal medicine from over 120 clinical journals. Once a bimonthly stand-alone journal, ACP Journal Club is now a monthly feature of Annals of Internal Medicine.”
- Cochrane Library: Leading resources for systematic reviews in healthcare. Also includes Cochrane Register of Controlled Trials.
- Sample Article: Acupuncture for Epilepsy
- Trip Pro: Trip is a clinical search engine designed to allow users to quickly and easily find and use high-quality research evidence to support their practice and/or care. Groups results into article types (e.g. systematic review) and includes practice guidelines.
- Sample Search: Sepsis Care Standards
Get Help from an Expert
Your health sciences librarians are ready to help. Find out who serves your unit, speciality or department here. Not sure who to contact? Message firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with the right person.