Tritons, welcome to Winter Quarter! We wanted to provide you with some key updates to our renovated spaces at Geisel Library, located on the 2nd (main) Floor. Our hope is that these updates will make your user experience at Geisel more efficient and enjoyable.
- The Research Assistance Desk has moved to the diagonal wall outside The Nest (formerly where the media hold lockers were located). This will increase the visibility of the service.
- The media hold lockers have moved to the wall next to the hold shelves.
- The ITS Help Desk will be adjusting their hours to better meet student needs. The new hours will be noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, with other days pending.
- Beginning in spring quarter, students will be able to access course textbooks and technology items 24 hours a day, 5 days a week (24/5) using the Library’s new BorrowBot, a self-service borrowing kiosk located in the Service Hub. Installation will begin in January 2023.
- Also in spring 2023, the large meeting room in the Service Hub will convert to a bookable space, for use by our campus community members.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at LibraryBorrowing@ucsd.edu.
Image by Erik Jepsen / UC San Diego Publications