Welcome back to campus, Tritons! The Library invites you to come explore the newly renovated spaces on the main floor of Geisel Library while enjoying a few hours of food, fun, prizes and activities.
2:00 – 2:20 p.m.: Ribbon cutting and remarks by Chancellor Khosla, EVC Simmons and Audrey Geisel University Librarian Erik Mitchell
- Be one of the first 100 students to join the event to receive a $5 Audrey’s Cafe gift card and a Cravory cookie after the ribbon cutting and remarks
2:20 – 4:00 p.m.: Explore our new and existing spaces and meet our Library experts. Attendees will be able to:
- Meet some of our librarians and subject specialists so you know who to turn to for help this year
- Learn about helpful Library resources and services like tech lending, grab and go Chromebooks, course reserves, regular Library de-stress activities, how to join the Library Student Advisory Council and more!
- Enjoy music by UC San Diego’s Deejays and Vinylphiles Club
- De-stress by making a zine or decorating a custom Geisel crown and bookmark
- Order a special signature drink at Audrey’s Café
- Snap a selfie with friends at our photo booth
- Grab some snacks and Library swag
Students who visit and collect stamps from select locations in Geisel Library will be entered to win one of the following prizes!*
- Apple Airpods Pro
- Beats Studio Buds
- $100 Bookstore Gift Card
- $100 Target Gift Card
- $100 Amazon Gift Card
*Open to all current UC San Diego students. Winners must provide a valid UC San Diego issued student identification card to claim prize.