San Juan Capistrano Mission
San Juan Capistrano Mission, midway between Los Angeles and San Diego, was founded in 1776. Built in the form of a cross 180 feet long and 90 feet wide, it was one of the most beautiful ever erected. It is widely known as the place where the "capistrano Swallows" for more than 100 years have departed October 23 and returned the following March 19th.
- Date Issued
- between 1945 and 1960
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Baja California and the West Postcard Collection. MSS 235. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
- Corporate Name
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
Point: 33.502778, -117.662778
View formats within this collection
- Location Of Originals
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Baja California and the West Postcard Collection.
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
- Publication Information
Union Oil Company's Natural Color Scenes of the West
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires the written permission of the copyright holders(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Libraries. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Libraries department having custody of the work.
- Last Modified