Mary Beebe describing pieces in the collection
Audio only. Mary Beebe talking about the Stuart Collection, working out how to describe the pieces and the artists' intentions. Discusses the origins of the collection. Talks about Alexis Smith's Snake Path and its Garden of Eden, Richard Fleischner's La Jolla Project, Terry Allen's Trees, Michael Asher's Untitled, Robert Irwin's Two Running Violet V Forms, Bruce Nauman's Vices and Virtues, Jenny Holzer's Green Table and Ian Hamilton Finlay's UNDA.
- Creation Date
- 1996 September 15
Located in Series 2) Original Recordings.
- Location Of Originals
This digital video recording is a surrogate of an item from the Stuart Collection Records (Box 3, Folder 1).
University of California, San Diego
- Physical Description
WAV file created from 3/4-inch video recording (30 minutes)
- Personal Names
- Allen, Terry (American conceptual artist and musician, born 1943)
- Asher, Michael, 1943-2012
- Beebe, Mary Livingstone, 1940-
- Finlay, Ian Hamilton (Scottish sculptor, graphic artist, and poet, 1925-2006)
- Fleischner, Richard (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1944)
- Holzer, Jenny (American conceptual artist and sculptor, born 1950)
- Irwin, Robert (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1928)
- Nauman, Bruce (American sculptor, photographer, and performance artist, born 1941)
- Smith, Alexis (American mixed-media and installation artist, born 1949)
View formats within this collection
Shared Shelf: 21733545
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
- Rights Holder
- UC Regents
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Stuart Collection Records. RSS 1250. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
Under copyright (US)
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
- Last Modified