Scholars and Sculpture at University of California, San Diego
- Creation Date
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Stuart Collection Records. RSS 1250. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
In Scholars and Sculpture: The Stuart Collection, Mary Beebe talks about the collection. James DeSilva talks about the artists. The video shows construction of the Snake Path, Terry Allen's Trees Alexis Smith working in the Snake Path's Paradise garden, Richard Fleischner's La Jolla Project. Alexis Smith talks about the collection. Robert Irwin discusses his Two Running Violet V Forms. Sherman George talks about Nam June Paik's Something Pacific and television. Michael Asher's Untitled discussed by Mary Beebe. Jackie Ferrara's Terrace. Elizabeth Murray speaks about finding a site for her Red Shoe. Bruce Nauman's Vices and Virtues. Jenny Holzer discussing her Green Table. Mary Beebe talks about Ian Hamilton Finlay. Patrick Ledden describes the Sun God.
- Physical Description
VHS video recording (26 minutes, 6 seconds)
- Personal Names
- Asher, Michael, 1943-2012
- Beebe, Mary Livingstone, 1940-
- DeSilva, James Stuart
- Ferrara, Jackie (American sculptor, born 1929)
- Finlay, Ian Hamilton (Scottish sculptor, graphic artist, and poet, 1925-2006)
- George, Sherman (American filmmaker)
- Holzer, Jenny (American conceptual artist and sculptor, born 1950)
- Irwin, Robert (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1928)
- Murray, Elizabeth (American painter, 1940-2007)
- Nauman, Bruce (American sculptor, photographer, and performance artist, born 1941)
- Paik, Nam June (South Korean sculptor, video artist, and performance artist, 1932-2006)
- Smith, Alexis (American mixed-media and installation artist, born 1949)
Located in Series 2) Original Recordings.
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
University of California, San Diego
View formats within this collection
Shared Shelf: 21806976
- Location Of Originals
This digital video recording is a surrogate of an item from the Stuart Collection Records (Box 7, Folder 4).
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
Under copyright (US)
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
- Rights Holder
- UC Regents
- Last Modified