1068 The First Mission, San Diego
In the patio of the Mission San Diego de Alcala grow trees planted by the Padres over 150 years ago. The present mission was built in 1776, after the Indian insurrection in which Padre Jayme (California's martyr priest) was slain, and the buildings destroyed. The base of the belfry and the bells are of the original mission, as are the church records in Padre Serra's own handwriting.
- Date Issued
- between 1930 and 1945
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Baja California and the West Postcard Collection. MSS 235. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
- Corporate Name
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
Point: 32.784444, -117.106389
View formats within this collection
- Location Of Originals
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Baja California and the West Postcard Collection.
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
- Publication Information
Manufactured by Longshaw Card Co., Los Angeles, Calif.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires the written permission of the copyright holders(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Libraries. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Libraries department having custody of the work.