Stuart Collection - Interviews with Alexis Smith, Robert Irwin, Terry Allen, and others - Footage
Bruce Nauman's Vices and Virtues on the cover of Art in America. Interview with James DeSilva. Patrick J. Ledden. Mary Beebe discusses the way the Stuart Collection chooses work. Snake Path celebration. Alexis Smith talking about the Snake Path. Mary Beebe discusses Terry Allen's Trees. Robert Irwin talks about his piece, Two Running Violet V Forms. Nam June Paik discussed by Sherman George. Mary Beebe describing the Michael Asher piece Untitled.
- Creation Date
Located in Series 2) Original Recordings.
- Location Of Originals
This digital video recording is a surrogate of an item from the Stuart Collection Records (Box 7, Folder 2).
University of California, San Diego
- Physical Description
3/4-inch video recording (11 minutes, 35 seconds)
- Personal Names
- Allen, Terry (American conceptual artist and musician, born 1943)
- Beebe, Mary Livingstone, 1940-
- DeSilva, James Stuart
- George, Sherman (American filmmaker)
- Irwin, Robert (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1928)
- Nauman, Bruce (American sculptor, photographer, and performance artist, born 1941)
- Paik, Nam June (South Korean sculptor, video artist, and performance artist, 1932-2006)
- Smith, Alexis (American mixed-media and installation artist, born 1949)
View formats within this collection
Shared Shelf: 21737143
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
- Rights Holder
- UC Regents
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Stuart Collection Records. RSS 1250. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
Under copyright (US)
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
- Last Modified