Video promoting the Stuart Collection with Mary Beebe describing the collection
Video on the Stuart Collection in general. Mary Beebe discussing the collection. James DeSilva talking about sculpture. Alexis Smith's Snake Path, Terry Allen's Trees, Richard Fleischner's La Jolla Project, Bruce Nauman's Vices and Virtues, Robert Irwin's Two Running Violet V Forms. Sherman George talks about Nam June Paik's Something Pacific. Robert Irwin talks about the collection. William Wegman's La Jolla Vista. Elizabeth Murray talking about how she found the spot for her piece. Ian Hamilton Finlay's UNDA. Patrick Ledden talking about the collection. Crate with Sun God.
- Creation Date
- 1996 October 07
Located in Series 2) Original Recordings.
- Location Of Originals
This digital video recording is a surrogate of an item from the Stuart Collection Records (Box 7, Folder 9).
University of California, San Diego
- Physical Description
3/4-inch video recording (26 minutes, 55 seconds)
- Personal Names
- Allen, Terry (American conceptual artist and musician, born 1943)
- Beebe, Mary Livingstone, 1940-
- Fleischner, Richard (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1944)
- George, Sherman (American filmmaker)
- Irwin, Robert (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1928)
- Murray, Elizabeth (American painter, 1940-2007)
- Nauman, Bruce (American sculptor, photographer, and performance artist, born 1941)
- Paik, Nam June (South Korean sculptor, video artist, and performance artist, 1932-2006)
- Wegman, William (American photographer and painter, born 1943)
View formats within this collection
Shared Shelf: 21806610
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
- Rights Holder
- UC Regents
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Stuart Collection Records. RSS 1250. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
Under copyright (US)
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
- Last Modified