Pig festival, pig sacrifice, Kwiop: men with marsupial fur headdresses fed salted pork belly through ritual fence
- between 1961 and 1963
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Edwin Cook Papers. MSS 0187. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego. [Digital Object URL]
Kwiop - SS - [unintelligable] - At fence.
- Ceremonial exchange--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Eating & drinking--Papua New Guinea
- Fences--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Headdresses--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Narak (Papua New Guinean people)
- Pork--Papua New Guinea
- Rites and ceremonies--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
View formats within this collection
- Location Of Originals
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Edwin Cook Papers (MSS 0187, Box 45, Folder 5, Slide 0168).
- Digital Object Made Available By
Digital Library Development Program, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/digital-library)
Under copyright (US)
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
- Rights Holder
- UC Regents