Pig festival, wig ritual: Wan at presentation of wigged men
- December 4, 1962
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Edwin Cook Papers. MSS 0187. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego. [Digital Object URL]
- Dance--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Headdresses--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Jewelry--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Narak (Papua New Guinean people)
- Rites and ceremonies--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Wigs--Papua New Guinea--Western Highlands Province
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
View formats within this collection
- Location Of Originals
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Edwin Cook Papers (MSS 0187, Archive negative 2, Roll 7, Envelope 2-7, Frame 6)
- Digital Object Made Available By
Digital Library Development Program, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/digital-library)
- General Note
"Wan wears a Jimi style wig at the coming out of the wigmen." Manga Social Organization, p. 300.
Under copyright (US)
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
- Rights Holder
- UC Regents