1053. Little Church of the Flowers, Forest Lawn Memorial Park
The Little Church of the Flower was built in 1917, and inspired by the quaint old-world village of Stokes Pages in Buckinghamshire, England, made famous by the poet Thomas Gray where he wrote his "elegy". The ivy-covered Little Church of the Flowers with its gabled roof is typical of the village churches of Old England. It is a regularly dedicated church, non-sectarian and non-denominational. Its only theology is Love; its congregation, all who dwell in the world.
- Date Issued
- between 1930 and 1945
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Baja California and the West Postcard Collection. MSS 235. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
Point: 34.170833, -118.25
View formats within this collection
- Location Of Originals
This digital image is a surrogate of an item from the Baja California and the West Postcard Collection.
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
- Publication Information
Manufactured by Robert Kashower, Los Angeles, Calif.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires the written permission of the copyright holders(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Libraries. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Libraries department having custody of the work.