Mix of images of Alexis Smith, Terry Allen's Trees, Robert Irwin talking about the collection and his Two Running Violet V Forms. Sherman George talks about Nam June Paik's Something Pacific and television. Mary Beebe talks about the collection, including Michael Asher's Untitled. Jackie Ferrara's Terrace is shown as well as William Wegman's La Jolla Vista View and Richard Fleischner's La Jolla Project. Elizabeth Murray talks about her work including her Red Shoe. Bruce Nauman's Vices and Virtues, Jenny Holzer's Green Table, and Ian Hamilton Finlay's UNDA are shown. Patrick Ledden discusses the collection. Niki de Saint-Phalle's Sun God shown altered by students with "accessories." Students talk about the pieces in the collection.
- Creation Date
Located in Series 2) Original Recordings.
- Location Of Originals
This digital video recording is a surrogate of an item from the Stuart Collection Records (Box 7, Folder 8).
University of California, San Diego
- Physical Description
3/4-inch video recording (14 minutes, 56 seconds)
- Personal Names
- Asher, Michael, 1943-2012
- Beebe, Mary Livingstone, 1940-
- Ferrara, Jackie (American sculptor, born 1929)
- Finlay, Ian Hamilton (Scottish sculptor, graphic artist, and poet, 1925-2006)
- Fleischner, Richard (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1944)
- George, Sherman (American filmmaker)
- Holzer, Jenny (American conceptual artist and sculptor, born 1950)
- Irwin, Robert (American environmental artist and sculptor, born 1928)
- Murray, Elizabeth (American painter, 1940-2007)
- Nauman, Bruce (American sculptor, photographer, and performance artist, born 1941)
- Saint-Phalle, Niki de (French sculptor, writer, and scenographer, 1930-2002)
- Smith, Alexis (American mixed-media and installation artist, born 1949)
- Wegman, William (American photographer and painter, born 1943)
View formats within this collection
Shared Shelf: 21806936
- Related Resource
Online finding aid
- Rights Holder
- UC Regents
- Cite This Work
[Title, Date]. Stuart Collection Records. RSS 1250. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
Under copyright (US)
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
- Digital Object Made Available By
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
- Last Modified