The UC San Diego Library recently purchased these Elsevier major reference works:
- Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, 3rd edition covers fundamental principles, recent discoveries, and significant applications of elements and their compounds, focusing on main group chemistry, biological inorganic chemistry, solid state and materials chemistry, catalysis, and new developments in electrochemistry and photochemistry, as well as NMR and diffraction methods for studying inorganic compounds.
- Encyclopedia of Materials: Electronics is a compilation of contemporary reviews on the science, engineering, and technology of electronic materials and devices. Organized into 3 volumes: organic electronics, electroceramics, complex oxides, and magnetic materials; photonic materials; and sensors, energy, and nanoscale materials.
- Includes Metal-Organic Frameworks for Advanced Battery Chemistries, authored by UCSD faculty Seth Cohen and Zheng Chen, PhD student Dong Lee, Postdoc Shatila Sarwar, and PhD graduate Guorui Cai
- Encyclopedia of Respiratory Medicine, 2nd edition explores the key processes of lung diseases and their diagnosis and management, including the molecular and cellular biology, physiology and immunology that underpin normal lung function, along with the aberrations that occur in common and rarer respiratory diseases.
- Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology, 2nd edition is a comprehensive and concise reference on all aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology, including the organs in the gastrointestinal system, their functions in health and disease, and strategies or procedures to resolve or prevent problems and disease. Includes comprehensive sections on the impact of nutrition, gastrointestinal microbiota, lifestyle, commonly used drugs, and surgical procedures on health and disease.
- Encyclopedia of Cancer, 3rd edition covers main areas of oncology, including etiology, mechanisms, prevention, and treatments, from basic science to clinical applications and public health. This new edition comprises 180 contributions from renown experts who present the latest in mechanisms, hallmarks of cancer, causes of cancer, prevention and control, diagnosis and therapy, pathology and the genetics of specific cancers.