Ready, set, read! Join us as we virtually celebrate the National Education Association’s (NEA) 18th annual Read Across America Day.
Booklovers from across campus will be reading diverse works that have inspired their own love of reading. The virtual event will also feature musical sets from Events and Exhibits Coordinator Scott Paulson.
- Introduction by Audrey Geisel University Librarian Erik Mitchell
- Welcome by Chancellor Pradeep Khosla
- Reading 1: EVC Elizabeth Simmons
- Reading 2: Rachel Almodovar, training & organizational development coordinator, UC San Diego Library
- Reading 3: George Tiong, customer service experience specialist, UC San Diego Library
- Reading 4: Syreeta Nolan, student and 2020 Inclusive Excellence Award recipient
- Reading 5: Jin Moon, Korean and Japanese studies librarian, UC San Diego Library
Read Across America is national celebration of literacy that aims to encourage children, teens and adults to find joy in reading. The titles and resources featured by NEA’s Read Across America include books that students can see themselves reflected in, as well as books that allow readers to see a world or a character that might be different than them. March is National Reading Month and the NEA’s goal is to have every student in every school read for at least 30 minutes on March 2. We hope you can join us for this special event!