Results 1 - 9 of 9
- A small collection of family papers of American painter John Gadsby Chapman, consisting mostly of letters to Chapman from colleagues and associates, and correspondence with his son, Conrad Wise Chapman, who served in the Confederate army in the Civil War.
- Creation Date: 1791-1898, bulk 1861-1865
- Photographs taken and collected by the University of California, Berkeley zoologist Charles Atwood Kofoid and his wife, Carrie Winter Kofoid. Subjects include the Kofoids; their families, friends and colleagues; travel; the 1904-1905 Albatross Expedition; and many freshwater and marine biological research stations.
- Creation Date: circa 1860-1936
- Papers of George Fearing Hollis, Union Naval officer and United States Consul to Cape Town, South Africa from 1888-1893. The collection consists mainly of Civil War-era correspondence, manuscript memoirs, and documents regarding Hollis's tenure in Cape Town.
- Creation Date: 1852-1903
- Family papers and sugar plantation records (1709-1835) of the Hall family of England and Jamaica. The collection contains primary source material on 18th and early 19th century Jamaican plantation economy and culture.
- Creation Date: 1709-1892
- The Hubon Family Papers contain the correspondence of San Diego early settler Frederick Hubon (1827-1882), and include letters from three generations of Hubons, in addition to transcriptions, genealogical notes, and a carte-de-visite portrait.
- Creation Date: circa 1801-1966
- Documents and photographs relating to silver mining operations in Mexico, principally Real del Monte and Pachuca during the periods of British (1824-1849) and Mexican (1849-1906) capitalization and management.
- Creation Date: circa 1825-1983
- Selected materials documenting San Diego county, digitized from original postcards, photographs, correspondence, pamphlets and other materials held by UC San Diego Library.
- Creation Date: circa 1800-1950
- Correspondence of William F. Vermilion, a captain in the 36th Infantry Regiment of Iowa Volunteers during the American Civil War, and his wife, Mary Vermilion.
- Creation Date: 1862-1865
- Papers of William Bond (d. 1776), a Revolutionary Army officer from Massachusetts. Includes correspondence, orders, resolutions of the Massachusetts Provincial Congress, lists of officers and soldiers, and other documents related to Bond's regiment.
- Creation Date: 1768-1883, bulk 1775-1776